Connecting people from rural and remote areas with counsellors and or psychologists who care.
This includes under compassionate grounds for famers who are receiving drought assistance and or suffering under the effects natural disasters, this includes having to destroy their livestock and or facing being forced off the land. The suicide rate of male farmers is almost 50% higher than for rural men generally.
A $45 donation provides a one hour TeleCare session with a Counsellor.
A $120 donation provides a one hour TeleCare session with a Psychologist.
All donations are Tax Deductible.
Why this is important:
- 7 Million people live outside Australia's major cities - 28% of the population.
- Suicide Rates in Rural and Remote Australia is 40% higher than major cities.
- People in Rural and Remote Australia face unique barriers to accessing health care including the extra associated travel and accommodation costs.
- People in Rural and Remote Australia have poorer health and higher rates of chronic disease e.g. Cardio vascular disease, diabetes, stroke, alzheimer's disease, lung cancer and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and generally die earlier too.
- People with chronic disease and poorer health have a higher risk of depression.
- People in Rural and Remote Australia earn 15% less than those who live in major cities and higher rates of poverty and experience higher costs of living e.g. food, petrol and in some states energy this in turn increases the general cost of living.